Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Progress...I think

Ok, so I went back to review the actual activity "instructions" since I got a bit carried away early on. It seems I was supposed to tell everyone about my experience: I had dabbled a bit last week, but it's a fairly easy process. The only dilemma occurred when trying to decide whether I will keep this blog or trade it in for a new one at the end. I finally decided on a generic libraryish blog that may include some personal fun things as they happen. That should keep everyone on the edge of their seat! (can you smell the sarcasm?) As for work use....maybe...but in all honesty, we have so many list-servs and community portals in ILL-land that one more blog might be too much to follow. I greatly enjoyed Amanda's nickname (ILLiadgal) and could definitely relate to the venting urge caused by ILLiad. Although, I have been here long enough to have lived through Clio, so I won't vent too much. Maybe this is where the chatting will come in handy. Venting in real-time with instant response can be more rewarding.

As for the chat issue: This was considerably more difficult as I have been anti-AOL for years and they did not disappoint me with the multiple methods that this chat window appears - weird. I also encountered some of the errors others have commented about and it increased the completion time. After the trouble, I do have a chat account with AOL now, but MSN's IM has always been my preferred, so I think I will check into the Meebo thing to make things simpler.
Chow for now!

No comments: