Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bloglines

I was familiar with the phrase RSS and the orange symbol as floating terms, but without roots so-to-speak. Blue 2.0 added the roots allowing me to plant my own collection (can you tell I'm already thinking of spring planting?). Anyway...really cool and very easy! I have my standard news sites bookmarked that I will probably not add to the bloglines because I don't want the pressure of seeing so many "unread" changes each day, plus I like the standard news sites complete with visuals as they are. However, I really love the idea of pulling some of my lesser visited feeds and blogs into this site. As Blue 2.0 progresses, I anticipate adding some co-worker blogs to the Bloglines account, but for now I am having fun adding some of my known favs.....for now...my favs include local weather blogs (really quite educational and much more informative than the 2 minute news spot) and A Light Unto the Nations - two soldiers in Israel who usually produce a once a week radio and TV show but sometimes can't post due to reserve duty. This way, I don't have to go to the radio station and sift through their multiple listings, I can just glance at my new list to see if they have added a new show. Really saves time!


By the way, I was concerned that Bloglines would be a hassle since most account sites ask for the sign-in and password, even after you've told it to "remember me". But happily, bloglines did remember me and it really is just one click to see my list of multiple feeds....very nice way of corralling the herd of tech info!

1 comment:

Stacey Greenwell said...

What a great way to describe RSS: "corralling the herd of tech info"!