Thursday, February 14, 2008

Delicious Tagging

I'm not really sure what I think about the delicious task. I like the concept of having access to my bookmarks online...very convenient if you switch between several computers. The site itself was interesting. After I downloaded the two easy add and tag buttons, the site wanted me to add two more buttons that I could never quite add because their example was from an older version of Explorer. I eventually gave up on these new toolbar buttons, but I felt the first two were enough since they allowed me to add and tag on the fly - two more buttons might have added too much clutter. I like the feature of seeing how many people have added the same link, but when you click to see the people who have this link, they are listed in two different places which kind of breaks the flow of easy reading. I finally got the hang of it...but again, I think it will just take some getting used to. Here is my list so far...I couldn't quite quit with five and will add more very soon: http://del.icio.us/historiana

As for the optional task, I had already completed most of this one when I joined two years ago. Even after all of that time I still LOVE Library Thing! The widget was one of the first things I added to my blog from the first day of blog creation. The only thing I had not done was actually tag my books. I really hadn't seen a use for this since I knew all of the subjects I owned anyway, but after I got started it was handy to tag by century (for antique volumes) and by series since LT lists by title or author instead of keeping known groups together. It became quite addictive for a couple of evenings and I still didn't tag everything since some things just don't fit into a group I might want to access. I think the real joy was seeing my very own tag cloud....it had been depressing to see I didn't have one as I kept procrastinating about this task....thanks Blue 2.0 for giving me a tag kick in the pants!

And for Valentine's Day a special selection from my Library Thing collection:


Now on to Google Docs..... http://del.icio.us/ukilldd

No comments: